Sirin Labs to Launch $1000 Blockchain Smartphone in November
The smartphone will run on SIRIN OS, Sirin Labs’ proprietary operating system – a Google-certified “fork” of Android. It will feature dual screen, with Sirin Labs introducing a “Safe Screen” — a standalone screen that will allow users to verify that FINNEY wallet transactions are being sent to the correct addresses.
The blockchain smartphone will include four main features including a comprehensive and multi-layer cybersecurity suite, a Token Conversion Service (TCS), a multi-blockchain DApp store, and an embedded cold storage wallet that will support major cryptocurrencies and tokens.
Product specifications include:
- 3D Gorilla Glass on both the front and back of the device
- Matte back cover 3D glass
- High gloss, concave metal frame.
- Metallic signature Shield Element accommodating the camera, sensors, and fingerprint scanner
- Secured touch “Safe Screen” for the built-in cold storage wallet to protect against malicious attacks
- unique sliding design “warms” (activates) the cold storage wallet, which readies it for use when opened
- 6GB RAM/128 GB storage memory/Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- 12MPx Primary Camera/8MPx Selfie Camera
- 3280 mAh battery
“The secured layers, combined with our revolutionary “Safe Screen” and the ultra-sleek design, enable us to offer our users comprehensive levels of cyber protection. This truly remarkable combination of protection, software, and the design of the phone, cohesively transforms the mobile environment into one that is secure enough for cryptocurrency transactions,” Zvika Landau, Co-CEO, Sirin Labs, said.
Sirin Labs raised over $157 million in its initial coin offering (ICO) in late 2017. The company has also signed Lionel Messi as its brand ambassador last year. In April 2018, it selected FIH Mobile, a subsidiary of Foxconn, to manufacture the FINNEY smartphone.
According to the official website, FINNEY has been priced at $999. The company is offering a 10% discount to those who pre-order the smartphone with SRN tokens. SRN is currently trading at $0.16 and has a market capitalization of around $37 million.